Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Hawaii Day 3

Day 3 started out early with a drive to Pearl Harbor.
We were able to catch a tour and visit this special place.
We were able to learn so much from walking around the monument and from reading all of the facts from that sad day.
Really makes you appreciate this land we live in and for all of those men who have served and continue to serve today.


I remember when I first visited Hawaii when I was 8 years old, I was completely blown away that there as still oil leaking from the ship. 
Now, 13 years later- nothing was different from what I remember.





Some Young's...
and even a Carlisle (my maiden name)






Very special experience and a beautiful monument at that.
 
 
After leaving Pearl Harbor, we headed over to the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet...
IT WAS SO HOT. 
There was absolutely no breeze and we were all so thirsty.
We walked around for a while to see a bunch of the shops, but then had enough of the heat. 
Sorry peeps...Pregnant people are still growing another body inside and need WATER.
and a fan...
and a chair to rest their swollen feet on...ha
But I couldn't walk away from this fun venture without a picture of the most hilarious sign. 
If you are easily offended, we probably wouldn't be very good friends...
But, Craig and I got a real good laugh at this one :)
giggles every time I look at this...:) :)
After a stop at Costco to get some Macadamia Nut treats, water, a smoothie, and a hot dog- We headed over to the Dole Pineapple factory!
(P.S. Why have I never known about Costco's hot dogs?? They are flippin amazing!!)
 
After many parking shenanigans at Dole, we finally got in to see some Pineapples!
I actually had no idea that they grew on the ground...Pineapples just seem like a tree thing to me??
Oh, and see all these little pokies on the leaf? 
Ya, didn't see those till too late.
My legs were killing!!

 

 

At the plantation, they have a big coy pond where you can feed them. 
There was so many freakin fish it was crazy!!
My mother in law bought some food because it was so hilarious to see all of the fish nearly kill each other for the food.
Slightly gross, but pretty entertaining!
Craig wishes he was a model in his spare time :)

He loves me because he takes these kinds of pictures with me :)



We got some Dole Whips before we left, but I am not going to say they were the best I have ever had!
We have a little snowy place down the street from us that sells Dole Whips...and they are even better :)
For a late little lunch, we went to Macky's Shrimp truck and got the most delicious Coconut Shrimp ever!!! Ah...Craig and I are not seafood fans...but honestly, I love Coconut Shrimp!
YUM.
Another sweaty day, but we went back to the house after and got to chill which makes it all worth the sweating in the first place :)

LOVE HAWAII!!
...and spending every single minute with this guy :)
 photo Signature3.png
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10