Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Back to School

One week after Paisley was born, I decided to go back to school.
It was pretty darn hard and I won't lie to anyone about that, but I also will say that it has gotten much easier. 
I have been very, very blessed with many things.
1. I have a very good baby.
2. I have a very loving and supportive and AWESOME husband.
3. I have amazing babysitters.
4. I have a very convenient schedule. 
5. My body has bounced back very fast.
Now let me expound :) 
I would not have been able to do this if Paisley wasn't such a great baby. She is not a crier, she eats well, and is a pretty darn good sleeper. Now, for those people that don't feel the same, I can understand how school would be an impossible feat. I feel that my Heavenly Father knew that I wouldn't be able to do this if she was a hard baby. I have been very fortunate.
I would not have been able to do this by myself either. 
First, my husband. He has been such an amazing dad and husband. He has been loving at all times, he is the most patient man, and he is such a big help when I need it. There have been four nights that I have had to do completely by myself where he has been at interviews and just knowing that he wasn't there was the most nerve racking thing. I just don't like going without him because he is so great :)
Everyone asks me who watched Paisley while I am away at school. Craig watches her when I first leave, then he takes her to my sister-in-law and then half way through the day, my mother-in-law comes and gets her. They all split it up pretty evenly. But, she is very, very loved, so we never have to worry about her being alright. I wouldn't be able to do it without such amazing helpers. 
Honestly.
My school schedule is very manageable, even for 18 credits. I go to school every Tuesday and Thursday from 8 AM-4 PM, Tuesday nights I go back from 6-7 PM and then on Wednesday nights from 5-8 PM. 
Yes, it is a lot, and yes it does sometimes suck to have to be gone ALL DAY, but I know it will be worth it when I can say that I did it and that I was able to graduate. 
For the last thing, I don't think I could have done this if I wasn't so young! haha! My body has been able to bounce back very quickly. I only have about 3 lbs. to loss before I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I feel very lucky to be able to feel better so quickly because I know that so many women struggle with getting back to feeling well.

The first week I cried almost every time I left her and cried each time on the way home because I just didn't know if I could keep doing it. I know that my Heavenly Father comforted me and the Holy Ghost whispered to me that it would not be this hard for much longer. 
Now. it is still hard, but I no longer cry each time I leave. School is stressful, but I know that if I keep having a positive outlook and telling myself that it is better than it is, then I will stay happy.

After all, I have too many blessings that I can't even count, to be sad about this :)
 photo Signature3.png

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I did the same thing. I had my baby the weekend before the start of my senior year, and it was so hard! I was pretty much in the same situation that you are right now, and it IS hard! But it's SO WORTH IT. You won't regret it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie! You are the one that showed me that I could do it!! Honestly, I remember reading your blog post about going back to school with a baby and I remember thinking, "Ok- if she can do it, so can I!" It honestly was the boost of confidence that I needed. So, it is all thanks to you!

      Delete

01 09 10