Saturday, June 14, 2014

One Year- Part 1

June 12th is always going to be one of the best days of the year. Not only do we already have the best memories from that day, but we get the chance to make more and more! Craig and I decided that we would each take turns planning our anniversaries. Each odd year (except for the big years like our 25th...) I plan and each even year, he plans! Craig has been so swamped with work, studying for the DAT, and trying to be the best husband he can be- so I wanted to try and help him out this year- and that is what we came up with! I am excited to see how this works out! 
I had planned a trip I thought he would love....and I think I did a pretty fantastic job!
When I woke up Thursday morning, I was surprised with one of the best gifts ever. Craiger had gotten me a new DSLR camera! I have been dying to get my hands on one, but he had convinced me that I most likely wasn't going to get one...WELL- looks like he is liar :) Best hubby award goes to this guy!!
We started the day with some crepes, strawberries, sausage, and orange julius!
 After running some errands, I surprised Craig with a trip to Hogal Zoo! Reasoning? We went on our honeymoon to San Diego and one of the "must-do's" for Craig was to go to the San Diego Zoo. Craig was like a kid in a candy shop. We spent hours looking at EVERY kind of animal and had pretty sore feet by the end of the afternoon. I wanted to re-live that moment as much as we could. (Little did he know that I had a bag of treats and a Capri Sun waiting for him ha!)


The silly monkeys' were my favorite part. Craig and I were there for fifteen minutes just laughing!



I have never been this close to rhinos before!
As we were passsing by the otters, Craig says, "Celeste, maybe we shouldn't get otters....they kind of smell bad!"- this kid will never stop making me laugh :)

 "I am almost as big has him!!"


 Craig made fun of me for this picture. What can I say, I am just really good at making gorilla faces...
 Sore feet and real sweaty- but well worth seeing the joy on his face :)

I would say that it was a pretty good ending to a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10