Sunday, June 15, 2014

Papa's Day

Happy Pop's Day to everyone! It was a happy morning in the Young home as Craig got everything he wanted for breakfast! I am usually the one who makes breakfast (but Craig is always a happy helper) so I am spoiled and make what I feel like! I always crave sweet things like french toast, crepes, German pancakes, etc. BUT- Craiger always wants omelets, meat, and more meat! Because today was all about fathers (or future daddy's!). I made what he loves!

 I am getting better at this omelet makin' thing!
 After choir- we both rushed home to eat and prepare last minute lessons/singing time!
BEFORE
AFTER
Ok, does anyone else's husbands do this? Craig always takes a nice looking plate and smashes all of the food together- sausage, hash-browns, and omelet and puts it all on his toast...plus- ketchup ALL over. I. Can't. Handle. It. BLAH! I don't even like when my food touches...
 This goob got two new ties for Pop's Day :)
After church, we enjoyed ribs and steak at Craig's parents house. Delish! 
On our way back from dinner, all of my brother's family was outside. I do not mind being greeted by this squirt :)
 I am sorry, but I think I have some the most adorable nieces and nephews. Craiger and I have a lot to live up to when we have our kiddies!
Watching my honey play with all of my nieces and nephews really puts a smile on my face. I know that he will be an amazing father to our children. Each day he treats me with love and patience. He acts like it is no feat dealing with me sometimes- but I know it is. He always knows what to say to make me smile, even when I don't want to. He works hard each day to prepare for our family. He is always willing to serve- and looking for opportunities. He has shown me how living a simple life can really bring some of the most happiness. He shares his love with me on a daily basis. I know our children are watching us- and are proud that they will be able to have a dad like him. I know I was blessed to meet and marry Craig. Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us. 
This is my Papa Joe (his real name is Rex...but the name "Papa Joe" was inverted a couple years ago :)) I love this man so very much- words really cannot describe. I was raised by the very best dad and I am so happy that my children will have some of the best grandpas. My dad is one of the most patient people I know. He has shown me what unconditional love is. He was always there to wrap his arms around me and pull me in for a hug. He has never been afraid to express how much he loves me. No matter how much crap we gave him as his kids, he has always just responded with a goofy little smile that makes us all laugh. If I ever have a silly question- I can call my dad and he will have an answer. He has taught me how to focus on the important things in life. He has helped me gain my own testimony and has taught me how important it is to stay obedient. He has been at every dance recital, has taken me for late night runs to Starbucks and Arctic Circle after dance, has supported me at each drill team performance, and been there when I needed a shoulder to cry on. He knows when to say yes, and when to say no. He has such a gentle heart- and I hope to be just like him. I love you DAD.
 This is Russell- Russ for short :) Craig's dad has never stopped welcoming me into his family. He is such a goof ball and can always think of something funny to say. Despite me always giving him a hard time, he chuckles and gives it right back! But most importantly- I am so grateful for the way he has raised his son. He has taught him how to be a hard worker. He has shown him where curiosity and lots of internet searches can get you! He has taught Craig to pursue his dreams (even if they are little ones that only last for 20 minutes). So- to say Craig wouldn't be the man he was today without this guy- would be completely correct :) Love you Russ.
 So, happy Papa's Day to everyone out there. Find time to thank each of those guys that you love. I am grateful for all of mine :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10