Wednesday, August 27, 2014

It's All In The Name

Ok!
Get ready for a little update!
We took a fun trip to Sacramento California a couple weeks ago.
Craig had an Ecology Conference there- 
(back story: He has been doing research with one of his Professor's the past year and a half and he went to this conference to present the research.)
Even though I called it the "NERD HERD" Conference the whole week, I still as so proud of him for all of us hard work and time that he has put into this.
We arrived in the little Sacramento Airport on Sunday morning.
 This is the baggage claim area- so freaking cute! I seriously just wanted to be like...
"Ok- I will have that one...and that one!...oh! and that one!"
I love that vintagey stuff :)
 After our taxi driver dropped us off at our hotel, we went out to find some food- because we were STARVING!! 
We soon discovered that Old Sac was right outside our door! 
(literally- our hotel door is right to the left of me!)
So he headed on over...!
 There is a tunnel that connects downtown to Old Sac (because of the freeway)
In the tunnel, they have some really cool art work and some history all about Sac.
 Old Sac really is an old town area that is right off the river. I felt like I should have been in a fancy dress with a cute little umbrella or something :)

 This is actually a hotel on the water!
 Lunch at a cute cafe :)
 The railroad also goes along side the river right in Old Sac
 Later on in the week, we visited this and dropped a little too much money...on CANDY.
 They had all of these gorgeous cars lining the streets. I couldn't stop taking pictures...so awesome!

So all in all, we had a pretty great day in Old Sac...more too come!!
 photo Signature3.png
 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, looks like a fun little town. I've never been, but maybe sometime I'll have to! great pictures! also...you guys are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I love reading your blog!

      Delete
  2. So I've been to CA a million times but never to Sacramento! It looks like so much fun though. Maybe someday.

    hannahelizabethabbott.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10