Saturday, November 8, 2014

Be-YOU-tiful

Have you ever had to ask to be released from a calling in your ward?
Because I hadn't till about a month ago.
 
I was ashamed as I walked up to our Primary President and had to tell her my situation.
I believe that we are each called to the positions that we are because that is where our Heavenly Father needs us at that time. 
I NEVER thought that I would feel the need to ask to be released from my calling. 
But, I asked to be released from being the Activity Days leader for the 10-11 year old girls. 
Although this calling was stressful to me, it was also very fun.
Stressful why?
Because I wanted to give this calling all of the free time that I had. I wanted to be able to spend time planning extravagent activities and spoiling these girls, but in reality? 
I just couldn't. 
I didn't have the money or the time to plan these BIG activities. 
Fun why?
Because look at these girls!
They all are so very different and each of them have their own strengths and weaknesses. 
Each of them are discovering new joys and some facing new trials.
 
 

...
I feel like I was in their shoes just yesterday.
Life was carefree for me. 
I had choices to face like: 
what do I have today for my after school snack?
or
I wonder if my mom will let me go play with my friends today!?

I want to just hug these girls and explain to them that whatever choices they will face, if they just hold to the iron rod- they will be o.k.

Each of them are so young and have so much to look forward to! 
So, heck yes, this calling was so much fun and I learned so much from it also
 


The last activity that I was their Leader for was a very special activity to me.
One of our girls had been facing some issues with bullying and self-confidence. 
She is one of those girls that you can always count on. She is always looking for ways that she can help, and no matter what kind of day it is- she will make you smile and will always be there to be your friend. 
Because of all of the CRAP that had been going on around her- I could tell that her light was a little bit dim. 
I wanted to do an activity for her, but not only her. 
Each of these girls, if they haven't already, will be faced with people that are prettier than they are, or skinnier than they are...etc. 
And each of them will have to make the choice if they will let that affect them.

I know that through out my own life- I face decisions like this each day. 
I wanted to let them know that they are beautiful enough (and so on) and that Heavenly Father does not even care about this. 
We talked a lot about Virtue and how THAT is what makes you beautiful. 
I hope that they will remember this little activity some day...
at least we all always hope that someone remembers, right?

As I look at these two pictures, I get emotional. 
The top one is my beautiful little Niece and the bottom is my sweet sister-in-law.
I hope that I am being the example that they should have in their lives. 
I worry about them always.
I want them to be happy and to make good choices.
I want them to know right from wrong and know that they have a Father in Heaven who loves them beyond compare. 
I want them to be strong young women who radiate with the light of Christ.
I think about them growing up- and I get scared.
I want them to stay young and to not have to face challenges in life.
But I know they need to...and that they get to.

This Plan that was set up for us really is something special :)

ANYWAYS...rant.
In the end- I am just very grateful that Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us. I know that he gives us certain callings for a reason. 
At this time in my life, it was too much...but Heavenly Father probably knows that and I am thankful for the agency I have to be able to give something (even this special) up.
I am grateful that I still am the Primary Chorister because I still get to see these sweet faces each Sunday.
I am blessed.
 photo Signature3.png
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10