Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Playing Mom

A couple weeks ago I got to babysit my sweet niece, Bailey Sue.

We are pretty much best friends, to say the least :)

Before Saturday, I was getting a little nervous. 
I had not babysat in the longest time it felt like.
I would have her from 7 AM to 10 PM.
I was excited at the same time because I knew that this would be a great little practice round for when I have my own little one running around.
She woke up right at 7 (thank you?- that time on a Saturday is going to take some getting used to)
and then we played all day!
She is a little angel sent from heaven :)
I slowly realized that I needed to have a different attitude about the day. 
I was there to take care of her.
She needed me- during all seconds of the day.
I feel like I got to understand how much she loves me. 
Children have nothing that holds them back. They trust and they love with open arms.
Knowing that she was relying on me all day actually because such a huge blessing and really opened my eyes to what being a mom looks like. 
It is a very selfless job, but the reward in the end is amazing.
I am so grateful for the cute little one that has taught me so much, but her mother even more. 
My sister-in-law, Janae, has really shown me how to be an amazing, loving, FORGIVING, and PATIENT mom. 
I have lived under her roof for the past 2 years and am so grateful for that time that I have had with her to learn and grow.
  I would take another Saturday full of these cute smiles, questions, frowns, kisses, hugs, snuggles, bathes, messes, and laughs- ANY DAY :)
 photo Signature3.png
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10